“The more they told me: you’re a girl, you can’t paint graffiti, you can’t go to subways, because you’re a girl, you’re a mere female; I had to stand up and just shut them up.” —Lady Pink
Just blew some time looking for “JENNY HOLZER T-SHIRT” online.
#I NEED FEMINISM BECAUSE IT INVENTED THESE CHARACTERS
me on tumblr
So disappointed that most of my Twitter feed today was nonsense while THIS SHIT IS GOING DOWN
I’m bringing this back because this morning it was announced that Malala Yousafzai has been officially nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
TWO FAVOURITE THINGS: SHARKS AND FEMINISM
Kim Gordon, 1990
“Women make natural anarchists and revolutionaries because they’ve always been second-class citizens.”
Want to win your very own Feminist Killjoy banner?
Here are the rules:
- Follow The Nth Wave! You must follow us to be eligible to win.
- Each reblog of this post is one entry. Reblog as many times as you want!
- Likes do not count as entries.
- We’ll draw the winner on December 1st, 2012.
- We’ll send the banner anywhere in the world, so all can enter to win!
I own this banner and it is great. (Mine has gold hearts, because I’m fancy.)
Women don’t owe you anything
Feminist Gloria Steinem speaking at Cal State Long Beach, Calif., 1970.
“Our objection to women being regarded as sex objects is that it goes only one way. Men are beautiful, too.”